At the Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd (ABN 86 095 610 996), we support the protection of customer's privacy rights as a fundamental element of our business. We recognise the importance of protecting your personal information and will ensure that our relationship is as exclusive as you want it to be.
What information do we collect?
Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd, as an information company collects information about certain businesses. This information about businesses does not include information about individuals at these businesses beyond their commercial activities, what is already available in the public domain or beyond what they voluntarily disclose in the course of Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd research and compilation activities.
In the course of doing business, and separate to the above, Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd may also collect information about its customers and subscribers such as: names, addresses, telephone numbers, credit card information and e-mail addresses, depending on the nature of the transaction with us. Any such information that personally identifies you may be used by Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd to inform you about products and services, improve the products and services we offer, and otherwise better meet the needs and preferences of our customers.
This customer and subscriber information is separate to Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd research process and this data will not be onsold or made available to third parties.
When collecting this customer and subscriber information it should be clear why the information is being collected each time you are asked, for example, being asked to supply an address so a product can be sent to you.
We will not collect from you any sensitive information revealing your race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships or details of health or disability. Exceptions to this include:
- where you have given express consent to Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd to do so;
- the use of this information is authorised by law or is considered reasonably necessary to enforce the law; or
- when the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd web sites record standard information such as time, date and URL of request (the web page you arrived from) via our web servers. This information is recorded by all web servers and is used to improve the functionality, structure and performance of our web sites.
We track the pattern of visitor usage across the sites by issuing an anonymous user ID via a cookie (a cookie is a small data packet given to your web browser by our web servers, the browser stores the message in a text file in your computer). This user ID is sent back to our servers each time you view a page from our servers. This ID is deleted at the end of your session.
In addition, we may use a persistent cookie to hold user preferences on site operation. These preferences are accessed by your browser to configure the operation of the site to your requirements but are not downloaded back to our web servers. If you choose to save your password this will also be stored on your local machine in a persistent cookie not downloaded to the server. Cookies can make using the sites easier for you by storing information about your preferences on the web sites. This will enable you to take full advantage of the services and features that our sites offer. If you prefer not to receive cookies, you may be able to change the settings of your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. This may preclude you from using some services or enhanced functionality.
How we use your personal information
Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd operates a number of businesses that process personal information about individuals. In general, our policy is that we only use or disclose personal information for the purpose that was specifically or reasonably apparent at the time of collection. The personal information that you provide us will be used in order to process your request as well as to assist you in subscribing to Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd products and services. We may use this personal information or data for another purpose if:
- you would reasonably expect us to use the personal information for that other purpose; and
- the other purpose is related to the original purpose of collection, for example, sending you correspondence on new features and services.
Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd may use some of your information for the purposes of direct marketing in relation to promotional activities where it is impractical for us to gain consent. However, in these circumstances, we will provide an express opportunity when we contact you to decline receiving from Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd specified marketing communications via an opt-out mechanism (e.g. depending on the circumstances, Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd may give you the option of declining to receive from Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd further marketing communications generally, marketing communications regarding a particular brand or a particular type of marketing communication). This includes direct marketing material relating to all Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd brands and imprints (e.g SuperGuard 360). At any time you may choose not to receive these marketing communications by contacting us at: email@example.com
Disclosure of personal information to third parties by law
Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personally identifiable information to the appropriate governmental authorities. If such a request is received, we will provide this information upon receipt of the appropriate documentation.
Personal information collected may be disclosed to third parties by Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd, for example:
- If you are informed at the time of collection of the information that such a disclosure may take place.
- For purposes related to the purpose for which the information was collected, for example, to complete a transaction on your behalf or provide you with a service that you requested. In some cases we contract with other companies to perform services for us. Examples of this include sending mail, faxes and emails; processing orders; providing marketing support; deliveries; market research; debt collection agencies and storing back-up copies of our databases. We will provide them only with such information about you as they need to perform their services, but we will impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on them in how they handle your personal information. Also, they will not be permitted to use information about you for any purpose except to perform the services we have asked them to provide.
- We may share information about you with other business units across The Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd group so we can provide you with products and services you have requested, and in order that they or Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd can bring you information about other Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd products and services.
- Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd may sell, trade or rent to third parties personal information regarding subscribers to its products. These details could be used by those third parties for various purposes including direct marketing. However, if you do not wish your details to be transferred to such third parties, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access and correction to information we hold about you
Where practicable you will have access to the information that you provide to us and can update that information if your circumstances have changed. You may request this information by writing to: Privacy Officer, Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd Information Pty Limited, Level 7, 55 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000 or sending an email to us at: email@example.com
Exceptions to this include:
- where providing access will provide a serious threat to life or health of any individual or pose an unreasonable impact on the privacy of an individual;
- your request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- where information relates to existing legal proceedings between Professional Standards Mutual Pty Ltd and you; or
- where providing access would be unlawful or may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity.
If you wish to change your personal information, which is inaccurate or out-of-date, you must notify us by sending a letter or fax signed by you; and the record will be changed. Your notification should be marked to the attention of our Privacy Officer.
Links to third parties
Security of your information online
Data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online products and services. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
What to do if you have a problem or question
For further information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site at: www.privacy.gov.au